The New York times recently wrote an article about ParkatmyHouse, a British company that pairs drivers with parking stalls. Think of it as a match-making service that saves you time and money. ParkatmyHouse has been around since 2006 and has over 150,000 users and 40,000 parking stall listings. The company is already making waves on this side of the pond in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston and D.C.
Here is the low-down on how ParkatmyHouse works
- ParkatmyHouse allows individuals to list their stalls whether they have 1 or a million
- churches, private companies, and empty lot owners have all participated in renting out parking spaces
- the service is also for people that are looking to rent parking spaces daily, weekly, monthly...you name it
- all stalls are listed by zip codes and searchable by parking rates, rankings, and other features like security
- once you find the ideal parking stall you just sign the ParkatmyHouse contract and pay the rent (ParkatmyHouse makes a 15% profit from each transaction)