Christie's auction house is in town starting today, September 10th through the 18th with an eye-popping exhibition of 20+ world class works of art - in our very own downtown Los Altos! Located primarily in 359 State Street (two doors down from Peet's Coffee) but with two additional works on display one block down the street at 242 State, this exhibition is free and open to the public from 10am to 6pm Saturday through Wednesday, and 12pm to 8pm Thursday and Friday. Don't miss your opportunity to get up close and personal with original works by the likes of Andy Warhol, Richard Diebenkorn, Jasper Johns, Roy Lichtenstein, Tracey Emin, Donald Judd, and more!
Saturday morning September 13th from 11am to noon there will be a free public panel discussion, StART Up: Beginning (and Growing) Your Art Collection. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is some recent press about this exciting Los Altos pop-up:
- Christie's Pops Up in Silicon Valley with Lichtenstein - Art Market Monitor, 9/10/14
- Arts In Depth: Christie's Pop-Up Exhibition in Los Altos - Art Enthusiast, 9/10/14
- Christie's to Preview Fall Auction Highlights in Silicon Valley - AFANews, 9/4/14
- Christie's to Preview Fall Auction Highlights in Silicon Valley - In Collect, 9/4/14
- Modern art exhibit comes to Los Altos: Passerelle teams with Christie's on pop-up venture - Los Altos Town Crier, 9/3/14